Every day at PAW Media is a community day. From phone calls from Board members seeing how things are going to radio broadcasters ringing in to book show, our days are above providing media services to community members across a 450,000 square km area.
Our offices receive many community visitors each day, some wanting to record a track in the music studio, some wanting to see what DVDs and CDs are available for sale, some passing news around, and others to collaborate with PAW Media on community events or activities.
Our connections to community are reflected in our purpose statement:
PAW is a community owned and directed media and technology provider that improves Pintubi, Anmatjere and Warlpiri people’s quality of life through:
- The celebration, recording and promotion of culture and language.
- Ensuring our people have access to reliable information services, as accessed by all Australians.
- Providing employment, enterprise and skill development through training and mentoring.
- Empowering PAW peoples to assert their identity and share aspects of their culture and language that they choose to make accessible to others through a diverse range of media and technology.
- Continuous innovation in applying media and technology to meet community need.